20110725

I think I'm having a celebrity star streak. I met quite a lot of celebrities this July. It started during the Wireless Festival that I attended at Hyde Park. Of course I didn't 'meet' the celebrities heads on but I watched them perform live. Artists that I never thought I could witness perform. Of course I was in awe when I was in the presence of David Guetta, Far East Movement, Tinie Tempah and Mike Posner. We even saw Shah Rukh Khan in the midst of the crowd during the festival, which was kind of weird.


Barclaycard's Wireless Festival 2011 @ Hyde Park, London

David Guetta feat Fergie

Far East Movement

The Black Eyed Peas

Bruno Mars

Example

Tinie Tempah

Then a week later, I had the chance to see the Harry Potter characters live on the red carpet at Trafalgar Square. Waited 5 hours for the wristband that gives us access to enter the viewing area during the big premiere. The day of the event itself, we waited 6 hours in the cold+rain with only a tuna sandwich for lunch. But I swear it was worth it. To be amongst the people that played a role in our childhood movie was fantastic.

Harry Potter Finale @ Trafalgar Square, London

Tom Felton

Emma Watson

Daniel Radcliffe

J.K Rowling

Enough about the people I met in London. Back in Malaysia, I came back just in time to catch Chelsea FC play here in Kuala Lumpur. The first day of the training session, I made my own banner for Fernando Torres. I think anybody who knows me knows how obsessed I am of him. I brought my banner to the training event and hung it at the gate. I was pretty sure he saw it when he came out. I was just glad I saw him live on the field. I actually cried like a baby, wailing to my boyfriend that I really wanted to meet the man live and in person. So during game day, we waited at the hotel lobby for 6 hours for the whole squad to some out. It didn't feel like 6 hours at all. I just wanted to meet Torres. And then, there he was. The last one to come out of the elevator. He signed just a couple of autographs by the lift and then went straight on walking. His other teammates didn't stop at all which was weird because the fans that came days before said that Drogba, Terry and Lampard were amongst the friendliest and will always greet their fans and have photos taken together. During game day, they didn't. But Torres did! He didn't stop for photos with the fans obviously but he did came to me and signed an autograph! He lingered in front of me longer than he did before, signing autographs. I panicked. There he was, man of my dreams, my favorite football player just in front of my eyes. Star-strucked, I was. But I did manage to ask him if I could take a photo with him. He just smiled. The most charming smile ever. I just couldn't ask for anything better :)

Fernando Jose Torres Sanz @ One World Hotel, Bandar Utama

A couple of days after, I went out to KLCC. Was just heading to the top level to have lunch/dinner when I saw a group of people lining-up and lingering in Kinokuniya, the book store. Then I suddenly remembered, Nigel Barker was in town having a book promotion! I went to the area where he had his book signing and snapped a couple of photos of him. Went off to Madam Kwans to have my meal when I suddenly said, 'I'm gonna take a photo with him if the line isn't as long as it was just now'. And guess what, there were only 4-5 people that were queuing up! I bought my copy of his book and had it signed by him and not forgetting the photo op.

Nigel Barker @ Kinokuniya, KLCC

The next day, it was the day that the MTV Worldstage event was taking place. It was held at i-City, Shah Alam (a pretty awkward place to have a concert because our campus is near by). Wasn't really looking forward to it at first but when Neon Trees came on, they were amazing! Tyler's voice live was incredible! Not to mention the drummer. Gosh. Then came out 30 Seconds to Mars. I thought Neon Trees was good 30STM was even better! Their showmanship was fantastic! The way they interacted with the audience and performed was, gosh, I don't have words to describe it. If they were to come back to Malaysia again, I'd definitely be the first one in line to purchase their ticket. I really have to say thanks to Al for the free tickets. Could my life get any better?

Syasya and I at MTV Worldstage @ i-City, Shah Alam

30 Seconds to Mars

Jared Leto

Tyler Glenn

Neon Trees

No comments: