20090117

Don't Let Us Drive You


15th January 2009. Add, you gotta keep yourself updated with one of your girlfriend's amazing day.

It was election day. 5 Masscom students all running for UiTM's MPP. I am proud to say that my great/psychotic friend, Diana Ibrahim was one of them and might I add, the ONLY GIRL running for this position. She was stressed about it a couple of days before worrying she couldn't manage her studies and other responsibilities. But she only needs encouraging because knowing her, she strives on chaos. This position will be the cherry on top of her University life.

Two nights before the election, a few minutes after midnight, D, Atia, Sue, Iqbal, Shuk, Padin, Ezzad and I started circling the campus pasting every poster we have of Padin and D on campus property. Normallah, campaining. It's fun sneaking around at night. Macam penyamun but in a legal way.

Shockingly the next day, many of the posters we pasted went missing and terkoyak and what so not. Not very shocking actually sebab biasalah adat students. You can't expect everyone to like you pun kan. During the election day itself yang paling best. The whole class went and vote together ramai-ramai after class. Macam buat protest or something. Ha-ha. I went to the registration table to get my password and WTF my name wasn't in the list. I know for a fact my name mesti atas Zurin. But it wasn't there. Dah agak dah that my name kat meja lain. Pffffttt. So getting on with the voting (for sure you know who I voted for kan. No offense to the other competitors).

After the whole class voted, Ara took D's car keys from her and off we went with the major plan: Honk at all the student in campus suruh turun mengundi and vote for D too. Ngeee. Convoy 2 kereta. Pasted D's posters all over both of the cars and on ourselves as well. While in the car, I recorded the whole scene with Ara's camera in one hand and D's poster in my other hand. Both hands were unstable due to my multitasking. It was either I had to sacrifice the camera or D's poster dari melayang. So I carried on with the recording. So on we went. Pimmmpimmm! Pimmmpimmmm! Honk, honk, honk! "Student Masscomm! Turun pergi mengundi! Vote for Diana Ibrahim!" Pimmmmpimmmm! Honk, honk!

About an hour kot pusing-pusing promote voting and D. Rest kejap and then sambung lagi. The next round boleh plak we all went and pinjam mask from Bihah and then pusing campus lagi. We were like a bunch of retarded maniacs in one compact car. Called D "D! Turun! Tengok kitaorang buat apa!" "Ya Allah! Korang ni gila lah!" Hahahahahaha. The time came to announce the winner for the election. 4C was the only class yang datang support their candidate. Which was us lah kan. Semua orang dah tak tahan the suspence. All of D's hardwork and our yelling and screaming were not wasted when D won the election by a landslide of votes! Hoooorayyyyyy! Go D!!!! But pihak atasan was a bit dissapointed when only 62% of the students voted. Other than that, D won!!!!

Camwhoring jap with all the posters and the mask, the cars etc, etc. Then, pusing lagi campus announcing D menang! I was driving so I couldn't wear the mask. Eyesight becomes limited. But the others, mentang-mentang pakai mask, riuh rendah mak aihh! Dah lah lalu kat pasar! Aku yang malu weyyy! D was in the other car embarassed with our behaviour obviously. Hahahahaha. Well, it was well worth it babe. I told you we've got your back. I love you and I am soooo proud of you dear.


P.S: Can't wait for the celebratory dinner && photos nanti I'll post up.

7 comments:

adlynndiyana. said...

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
yeay dee! :DD
cayalah bebeh
i love you so bloody much doe :D
ps, i miss yous monkeys!

Diana Ibrahim said...

OMG OMG OMGGG!!! I TATAU NAK CAKAP APA D; sedih terharuuu

THANK YOU ANBREEN
THANK YOU ALISYA
THANK YOU AZRA
THANK YOU ANIS
THANK YOU BIHAH
THANK YOU SUHAILA
THANK YOU HAZRINA
THANK YOU IQBAL
THANK YOU SHUK
THANK YOU DMC 4C!!!
I LOVE YOUUUSSS!!!
THANK YOU SEMUAAAAA!!!

psychokiddo said...

tade love i pon? I pon promote u dalam diam tau *touching*

Nisa Lokman said...

pun xda love i gak...
i ada situ.
sedey...

Diana Ibrahim said...

OMG TADE KE?? HAHAHAHA SORRY!!!
RAMAI SGT NAK SEBUTT TAK MUAT COMMENT BOX ANBREEN NI KANG!!
LOVE ILI N NEESAAAAAA AND SEMUA SEMUA!!! SORRY KALAU TAK SEBUT NAMA

I LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH

Iqbal Amir said...

hahaha...
angkat tangan kanan tanda anda menyokong noordiana ibrahim...
\\(",).....

Alisya said...

Hooorah Hooorah!! ;D